Inasmuch as it is the desire of Danny Hampton of Wake County, North Carolina, and James B. MacLeod of Robeson County, North Carolina, to build and erect a radio repeater, they have agreed together on the following terms and conditions whereby the radio repeater shall be maintained and operated.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) The repeater is to be operated in the two meter amateur radio band on a frequency determined and set by the coordinator of the Southeastern Repeater Association (SERA), in compliance with all law and the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission.
(2) The repeater is to be located and housed on the site of Channel 31 PBS television transmitter facility located in northern Robeson County, North Carolina.
(3) The repeater will be operated in such a proper manner as to cause no inconvenience to the function of Channel 31 television transmitting equipment.
2. PURPOSES FOR ESTABLISHING THE REPEATER.
(1) The primary purpose for the building and erection of this repeater is to afford additional means of communication which are to be placed at the disposal of the Amateur Radio Emergency Service, (ARES) in the event of emergency or disaster
(2) Further implementation of such public service is to be realized by having this repeater function as a fully participating member of the Piedmont-Coastal Repeater Network (PCRN). As a member of the Piedmont-Coastal Repeater Network this repeater will operate within the guidelines established by that organization.
(3) The repeater will be used for the purpose of training amateur radio operators in emergency operation by the use of drills and tests.
(4) Although of lesser importance than public service, the repeater will also be used for the general enjoyment of amateur radio operation.
3. OWNERSHIP OF EQUIPMENT
(1) It is understood by both Danny Hampton and James B. MacLeod that property and equipment contributed by either one for the establishment of this repeater remains the property of that person, or the property of the organization which he represents holding title to that equipment.
(2) Neither the ownership nor control of the repeater, either in its entirely or its several parts, may be transferred by any means whatsoever to any third party without the approval of both Danny Hampton and James B. MacLeod so long as this agreement is in effect.
(3) The trustee of the repeater, responsible to the Federal Communications Commission for its legal operation, shall be a licensed amateur radio operator agreed upon by both Danny Hampton and James B. MacLeod.
(4) Control operators of the repeater shall be appointed by the trustee of the repeater and will serve as control operators until removed from such duty by the trustee or by the agreement of both Danny Hampton and James B. MacLeod.
4. IN THE EVENT OF DEATH.
(1) In the event of the death of either of the parties to this agreement the person designated by will or other proper instrument of the deceased shall take his place, and in all particulars conform to this agreement.
5. DISSOLUTION OF THE AGREEMENT.
(1) This agreement can be declared dissolved by either party following notice being given thereof one week in advance. The period of advance notice can be waived on the agreement of both parties.
(2) Following the dissolution of this agreement the various pieces of equipment and materials used to establish this repeater shall return to the original owners in compliance with 3.(2) above.
6. VALIDATION OF THE AGREEMENT